Monday 8 January 2018

HEARTFUL WISHES & PROJECTS


I just love this time of the year,
when everything is new and full of possibilities...

Célébrations are over, and we did have a great family time.

Yet our little village was hit by the "Eleanor" tempest
with veeery strong winds and lots of damages in the neighbourhood.
Our back garden  wooden fence was destroyed,
(although fixed in concrete)

but we can consider
ourselves lucky, when seeing
other people's concerns...




We decided to have a positive attitude against this misadventure,
and thought that, after 34 years of good service,
(and a good insurance too)
this is an opportunity to build a brand new fence...

I'm also in the middle of a bad flu, right now,
but this gives me the possibility to quietly focus
on my 2018 sewing projects,
trying to stay realistic, yet being very excited
:D

(1)
Finish the Pyramids handquilting
(this is an absolute priority)

I'm reaching the borders now,
so it won't take long to complete it.  YAY


(2)
Start our future grand-daughter quilt
(due by next April)


(more about that quilt, in next post) 

(3)
Start a new crosstitch SAL, "Joyful World" found on
It's a gorgeous calendar quilt, and it's free.
The actual blog page starts with December,
but when scrolling down, you'll find the beginning 
with January.
the months names are given in different languages, too.

Here's the idea
(made by Annelies of "Quilts & Siggies Blog)


(I think one block a month is quite do-able)

(4)
Work on my little hearts appliqué side project


******

And that's it, my dear friends ... for the moment !

Wishing you all a

HAPPY STITCHING
;D



7 comments:

  1. Hi Nadine glad you are all ok ,and congrats with your new grandchild on the way,lovely work my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, for someone with flu, you are making the best of every day. I love your projects and the pictures are amazing. Poor fence ... but better than the block walls surrounding my place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, you have a lovely Blog. Good to hear that bad during the storm and nothing happened . I like the picture with the Ocean. Your Quilt is Great. I like your Project.
    I am so happy for you, you get a New Grand- Baby. My grandson is 15 Month now. I am lokking forward, for Show your Baby Quilt.
    If you have time and inclination. I would be happy if you turned my even visiting. Maybe you like my work.
    Creative regards Marika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank YOU for your gift of friendship. (and inspiration)


    ผ่านเว็บ B2BET

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete